Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

To my dear son, Deejay.....

Today, at exactly 6:30 am my son dropped by my office to get some of his stuff and handed to me this invite which brought me to tears. He informed me about this a week ago but i guess it didnt sink in that much. But as I saw the invite, my hands were trembling and tears began to fall, its not like as if its something new, as he has always brought me honor and has always made me proud. On the 21st of September my son will be one of the recipients for their recognition day for outstanding students and special awardees... I dont know for some reason, this accomplishment seems to be the greatest so far.....all the struggles seem to have made a speedy flashback in my mind. Rearing a child on your own is definitely not an easy task, there were a couple of times when I just wanted to scream and give up, but at moments like these there's this bolt that seems to boost me to go on and fight all the challenges that we both will be faced with. I cant help but admire my son for the determination that he has shown, i just cant help but wonder how an 18 yr old kid can muster unyielding strength to go on with a very positive attitude. I know that living away from home is tough but yet he managed to pull through on his own and this definitely is not sheer luck! Two years back when I had to set him free for college life I feared a lot of things, that he might start doing the things I did when I was his age. But thank god that he has turned out to be the complete opposite, he remains to be the responsible, loving and God-fearing child he has always been.....

To my dearest son, I truly am proud, not just for this honor that you have once again given me, but i am so proud that you have turned out to be more than what i have expected you to be, wish i had the same strength, the same attitude, the same vigor to go on and face what lies ahead. You have gone through so much, sacrificed a great deal, i know you have missed out on a lot of things that normal teenagers go through, you have devoted most of your life in serving the Lord but i vividly recall you said that it is in your service that you find happiness and fulfillment, keep it up! Remember this, there will be days when things will get even tougher, roads will seem narrower, lights will be dimmer but now allow me to tell you what you once said to me that in times when i just throw my hands in surrender and say "I give up!" You always tell me to hang on and that things will be ok so now i say to you, "hang on, 2 more years and all your hard work will surely pay-off" Despite the absence of some people in your life, you have managed to keep so much love and respect in your heart and I hope that these people will realize in time what they have missed out on......Im not asking you to bring me more medals and recognition coz for me you have long brought me the biggest medal ever and thats the achievement of being a great son!! I love you so much and that love will see you and guide you through all the perplexities, the hurt, the triumphs and all the success you will encounter....Together, we're gonna make it through! Congratulations!

4 comments:

  1. *Hug*, My dad said the same thing once to me when I finally become a teacher.. He was just too choked and as a man, he couldn't express well either.. I could imagine how you are feeling now and I am feeling both happy and touched for you..
    Keep going for I am certain, things shall just get better than it already is.. :)
    The song is nice but too bad, no lyrics.. Anyway, going in to Youtube and find the lyrics.. Thanks for sharing the joy after the bittersweet in your life.. *Hug* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ive been looking for the lyrics of the song as well but i just couldnt find it but its really a great song, the quality of the video wasnt so good either but nevertheless I posted it because I feel it best describes me and my son. Hugs to you too! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem like a great mother, your son is truly lucky to have you. Another wonderful writing clandestine! keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so
    I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying
    your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions for novice blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.



    My site :: Mini Monster Wohndekor

    ReplyDelete